LightSheer® DUET laser
A giant step forward in hair removal!
The LightSheer® DUET represents state-of-the-art technology for fast, gentle and precise laser hair reduction.
How does it work?
The LightSheer® DUET is a laser that produces a large but precise beam of highly concentrated light that targets the pigment located in hair follicles (which gives hair its colour). During treatment, the laser pulses for only a fraction of a second, allowing the hair to absorb the light and heat up, but without damaging the surrounding skin. As it heats up, the hair shaft and bulb are damaged, significantly impeding its ability re-grow.
The LightSheer® DUET offers two handpiece choices depending on the area to be treated. The larger High Speed handpiece uses breakthrough vacuum-assisted technology to allow fast and comfortable treatment of large areas. For example, a back or legs can now be treated in 15-20 minutes, without the need for numbing cream. The smaller handpiece is equipped with ChillTip® cooling to allow comfortable and precise treatment of smaller areas.
How is it different to older laser systems and IPL?
Most hair removal treatments to date have been based on intense pulsed light (IPL). However, failure rates were high, as was the risk of adverse effects such as laser burns, especially when performed by poorly trained operators. What else makes the LightSheer® DUET so unique?
Don’t risk your skin with out-dated, inferior equipment. Make an appointment with one of our highly trained laser practitioners now!
- It’s fast: LightSheer® has the largest spot size of any diode laser available making it more than 75% faster than the average hair reduction treatment
- It’s easy: no numbing cream and no messy gels are required
- It’s relatively painless: LightSheer® features unique vacuum-assist and ChillTip® technologies for pain relief
- It’s effective: The LightSheer®’s 800 nm wavelength, larger spot size and chilled handpiece allows safer, deeper penetration into the skin than was previously possible. This allows energy to be delivered more efficiently, providing faster clinical results with record speed and comfort
- It can be used on any area of the body and with any skin type